±Business Directory

[X]

±Movie Search

Search The Internet Movie Database

Enter the name of a movie, TV show, or person and then click "Go"

Search provided by the Internet Movie Database
For whats on in Chantilly click here

±Qs & Ps

It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.

-- George W. Bush

View All Quotes / Phrases

Looking for a Room to Rent Immediately

Where do you live? What's there? What are the neighbours like?
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Looking for a Room to Rent Immediately

Post Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:59 pm

My 20 year old daughter will be working as Teacher's assistant at a College in Senlis from October until April 2015. She must find her own accommodation. We have no contacts in this region and will be arriving with her on Tuesday Sept 16 and staying one week to find some place to live. Any help at all would be most appreciated.
We are looking for something around 330 euro per month. Do you know anyone who would want to rent a room to a quiet, responsible, non smoker young lady?
Thanks from a worried Canadian mother.

CathyR

Re: Looking for a Room to Rent Immediately

Post Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:55 pm

Hi, I might be able to help.....

I live in Lamorlaye, which is about 10 miles from Senlis, so a car or other transport would be needed

I am a 54 year old divorced father with a 4 bed house. The guest room is on the ground floor of a modern house, with it's own shower room and toilet right next to it.

I travel a huge amount and average maybe 9 days a month in the house, so having someone to stay could work for me too. I have UK sky TV (essential if you're in France as French TV is, well it's French TV!).

My son stays with me for about 7 days a month - usually in one straight period, but has his own room upstairs.

I'm away right now, but will be back in France on the 14th, leaving on the 18th, so I'll be there when you are.

If you'd like some photos I can do that on the 14th or you can come around and take a look?

Let me know if this is of interest?

Thanks

Ian

hobbers

Post Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:17 pm

Hi. Thanks for your response. It sounds interesting. We'd like to see some photos and talk to you further. You could contact me at cathy(dot)reside(at)sympatico(dot)ca. Punctuation is in brackets for spam protection.

Thanks again - Cathy.

CathyR

Post Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:26 pm

Hi Cathy,

We live in the village of Apremont. Although my kids don’t go to college in Senlis, their friends in the village do (College de la Fontaine des Près) and there are busses that go from here to Senlis. My friend down the street has a room in her house that she rents out. It may be a good option for your daughter. She is a lot of fun and I think she would enjoy having a young girl around. She speaks English fairly well. Her house is a beautiful old stone home with a huge garden. Our village is calm.

Please contact me if your are interested and I can put you in touch with my friend.

Amy Cross

accrossfr

Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:00 am

There's another offer of a room in a small village outside Chantilly called Avilly St. Léonard:

I do have a room for rent with its own attached shower room. I supply the bedlinen and towels and the person has the use of the kitchen, washing machine, etc. and the wifi. The cost is 400€ a month. A car is necessary as public transport is very limited, however Avilly St. Léonard is only 10 mins + from Senlis.

Contact Judith via email for more details.

Adrian Powell
Webmaster
ChantillyExpat.com

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:42 pm

Hello

We are a family living in Senlis, 3 mn from Anne Marie Javouhey college by foot, in an house quiet and with a big garden

We would be very happy to welcome you

We are a family with 3 children, among with 2 students : Romuald 19 years old is student this year in Istambul, Laurène 19 years is student in paris and come to senlis for the week end, Amélie 15 years old is living at home

Our children Romuald and Laurène (twins) spent 4 years in Anne Marie Javouhey college

We have of course kitchen, wash machine and wifi availables

Amélie would be intererested to have opportunities to speak english with you

We can have a room for you at your price of 330€/month
we propose to have dinner with the family few days per week

Do not hesitate to contact us in order to meet when you come to senlis

Best regards and expecting to see you

Claire de Pierrefeu\r\n0344322629\r\n0612753251\r\n5 square du Gué de Pont 60300 Senlis

Pierrefeu

Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:24 am

Thanks very much. We may have the accommodations sorted out. If you email me with your phone number and address I could get in touch when we arrive. My email address is cathy(dot)reside(at)sympatico(dot)ca. Punctuation is in brackets for spam protection. If you could send some pictures that would be helpful.

Cathy

CathyR

Post Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:58 pm

Thanks so much to all to responded to my request. My daughter's accommodations are settled. It is nice to know there are great people in this area. People have been so kind.

CathyR

Link  QR  Share this Printer Friendly Page  facebook   myspace   twitthis  
Show more ...
Page 1 of 1