±Business Directory

[X]

±Movie Search

Search The Internet Movie Database

Enter the name of a movie, TV show, or person and then click "Go"

Search provided by the Internet Movie Database
For whats on in Chantilly click here

±Qs & Ps

It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.

-- George W. Bush

View All Quotes / Phrases

Experience of registering a British baby born in France?

Where do you live? What's there? What are the neighbours like?
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Experience of registering a British baby born in France?

Post Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:41 pm

Hello,

In an attempt to gather the information we will need for the end of the year when baby no.3 arrives, I've been searching online for how to register a birth and apply for a British passport in France.

I understand that we get;
Document from medical professional clarifying birth.
Using this document, we register baby at the Mairie within three days to get full birth certificate.
Apply for passport with this French birth certificate, plus usual additional documentation about parents, (parental birth certificates and passports etc.)

We can also apply for a British Birth Certificate at the British Embassy but this is not a requirement for a British Passport.

If anyone has first hand experience of completing the process, I'd love to hear about it, especially how long it took from baby's birth to having passport in hand Very Happy

Best wishes,
Mary

MaryRinger

Re: Experience of registering a British baby born in France?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:44 pm

Hi

I had my daughter in Senlis last year. The birth was registered whilst I was staying in hospital and when you leave you are given the required birth certificate. I then had to take this (which looks nothing like a birth certificate I have ever seen) to the Marie in Senlis so that it could be translated for the passport application. I don't remember asking for a long version of the certificate.

I sent the translated version of the certificate (which is a blue and yellow form) with the original birth certificate as supporting documentation. (I do remember going to the Marie in my village to register the birth but they didn't give me a new certificate.)

The passport application took the normal amount of time I remember - no more than 3 weeks.

Hope this helps - please feel free to ask anything else.

Eleanor

Eleanor

Re: Experience of registering a British baby born in France?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:41 pm

hi Eleanor

So we're you able to apply for a British passport by post or did you have to go the the embassy?
it sounds reasonably simple....

best wishes
Anna

Annie1

Link  QR  Share this Printer Friendly Page  facebook   myspace   twitthis  
Show more ...
Page 1 of 1