[X]

±Movie Search

Search The Internet Movie Database

Enter the name of a movie, TV show, or person and then click "Go"

Search provided by the Internet Movie Database
For whats on in Chantilly click here

±Qs & Ps

J'ai des fourmis dans les jambes

-- I have pins and needles in my legs (I have ants in my legs)

View All Quotes / Phrases

Moving to Chantilly - 6 months pregnant

Where do you live? What's there? What are the neighbours like?
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Moving to Chantilly - 6 months pregnant

Post Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:18 am

My husband will be starting a new job in Roissy at some point this summer; he is awaiting his visa as he's Australian.

We have two little girls already, (3 and 1) and are expecting our third baby at the end of the year.
Both daughters were born in the UK, at home, with midwife support.

I understand that homebirths are not common, and are actually quite frowned upon in France and I'm becoming more and more concerned about sorting out suitable maternity care and finding the right medical (And non-medical) support.

Anybody living in Chantilly recently given birth? Or even better had a positive home-birth experience?

We have a place for our eldest daughter at the BMSO starting this September and are hopefully going to be able to sort out renting a suitable house soon!

Any information greatly received.
Many thanks!
Mary

MaryRinger

Re: Moving to Chantilly - 6 months pregnant

Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:28 pm

Hi Mary, the person to talk to is Gail Foster who is a midwife ( speaks english too) and she has just looked after a friend recently. Her contact details are 5 Ave Mar de Lattre de Tassigny, Senlis, 60300. Tel: 03 44 66 00. 85.
Maybe give her a call next week and she will be able to advise you on all your options! She does not do home births, apparently to do with insurance cover etc. if you would like to speak to someone who recently had a baby and also has kids at the BMSO, let me know and i can send you a private message.
Good luck with the move xxxx
Best wishes
Vanessa

Vanessa Powell
Www.lasourcetranquille.com

Ness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:17 pm

Thank you ever so much for your message Vanessa.
I think with the help of a good French friend, I will give her a call during the week.
I'm still hoping a miracle happens and an English speaking, "insured for home birth" midwife appears in Chantilly magically at the time we need one! Smile
Best wishes,
Mary

MaryRinger

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:28 pm

Hi Mary

I am currently living just outside of Beauvais but will be moving to Chantilly in the summer. I am also 5 months pregnant with my second child (I have a little boy who is 21 months). like you, I am trying to find out about the support/groups etc on the Chantilly area. I had my son at Beauvais hospital and that's where I am planning on having my 2nd baby. Perhaps we could exchange info!

Anna x

Annie1

Post Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:30 pm

Hi Anna,
Hope you are feeling well and that preparations for moving are going smoothly.
I've not been able to find any information about being "allowed" to give birth at home in France but am yet to speak to the midwife suggested by Vanessa.
Will try to do it this week.
Mary

MaryRinger

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:11 am

Hi Mary

We're still waiting for a moving date but it should be before I'm due (which is October). Are you in Chantilly now?
I have an American friend he in France who is a doula. She may have details of a midwife who is willing to do a home birth. I will try and get the details for you. Im not sure how to send a private message to you?

best Wishes
Anna

Annie1

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:31 pm

I was trying to work out how to send a private message. Clicking on your name and then private message brings up a blank page so any baby-brain proof instructions on how to do it welcomed!

Information from your friend would be fantastic!!
Thanks for you thoughts and messages.
Mary

MaryRinger

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:32 pm

- MaryRinger

I was trying to work out how to send a private message. Clicking on your name and then private message brings up a blank page so any baby-brain proof instructions on how to do it welcomed!

Should work... Click pm under her name. You may find with a narrow screen you have to scroll right down to find it. If not, let me know...

Adrian Powell
Webmaster
ChantillyExpat.com

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:34 pm

I have no good advice, as both my children were born in the UK, but I wanted to say welcome! I have three friends who have had a baby here in the last year so PM me if you'd like me to put you in touch. All were at Senlis hospital, though, not home births.

Kind regards,

Joanna

Joanna

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:05 pm

Hi Mary

I had my daughter at the hospital in Senlis last year.

I know how you are feeling! I had also only had births in the UK previously and had no idea what to expect here. But, I really had nothing to worry about. We were very well cared for, maybe OTT if anything!

Gail looked after me too and I seem to remember her saying that homebirths were not very well supported here - I don't think it's the area, just in general. I don't know anyone to put you in touch with who has had a homebirth here, but very happy to help with any other questions about my experience.

Eleanor

Eleanor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:54 am

- Eleanor

We were very well cared for, maybe OTT if anything!

Eleanor

It's the OTT bit that concerns me!
I understand it's just a different way of doing things, but I REALLY don't want to have to be in a hospital and if for whatever reason I had to, staying in for 3+ days afterwards sends shivers through me.

Currently hoping something happens to delay my husband's visa and I can have the baby here before moving over to France!

MaryRinger

Link  QR  Share this Printer Friendly Page  facebook   myspace   twitthis  
Show more ...
Page 1 of 1