±Business Directory

[X]

±Movie Search

Search The Internet Movie Database

Enter the name of a movie, TV show, or person and then click "Go"

Search provided by the Internet Movie Database
For whats on in Chantilly click here

±Qs & Ps

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

-- Thomas Edison (1847-1931)

View All Quotes / Phrases

moving to Chantilly area with 3 small children, help!

Where do you live? What's there? What are the neighbours like?
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

moving to Chantilly area with 3 small children, help!

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:13 pm

Hi, we're relocating at end of June to Chantilly area, DH working in Beauvais. Any advice on good neighborhoods for families that are not super isolating?

Also are there any summer programs, tot groups,pools , things to do with 2 very hyper and insane small boys. They are 3 and 5 and will climb the walls if I dont have something for them to do till september.

Also maternelles- have been looking at some blogs from expats regarding french schools, should i be worried? many say they are very strict compared to (we live in Ireland, very granola...)

cheers!

jacqui

Re: moving to Chantilly area with 3 small children, help!

Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:28 am

Hi Jaqui,
We have lived in the Chantilly area since 2001, moving here when the kids were small. Very exciting but daunting!! Depending on where you choose to live, there are normally summer activity camps. The local Mairie will be able to advise you on these and they are not too expensive. There are indoor pools located around the Chantilly area ( Gouvieux and Nogent). There are also some man made beaches which can be found St Leu D'Esserent and Beauvais. in Beauvais you can find the Canada Park which is a great place to take the family.
For schools you can contact the Bilingual Montessori school in Chantilly which takes them from an early age, this is a fee paying school. You also have the option to put them into the local Maternelle, close to where you choose to live. If you are coming to live here for some time it is worth emerging your children into the French system early as they will just adapt very quickly and the added bonus is that their new friends will live close by. again, you do need to contact the local Mairie to register them. If you do decide to put your children in the French school, they can keep up their English language by coming to the APARC primary school every Wednesday morning for 3 hours.
Where are you moving to? Do you need help with the house hunting?
If you would like some further information, do let me know and I can point you in the right direction
Best wishes
Vanessa

Vanessa Powell
Www.lasourcetranquille.com

Ness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:09 am

Thanks Vanessa, great help. We are hopefully moving into Chantilly center, finding it hard to get that sorted.DH has to fly there this week just to meet landlord, we're in the west of Ireland so not so easy ,but afraid we have no choice, we've already been rejected from one place because they didnt want a foreigner. DH will be working in Beauvais, we're still not sure if to put the kids in the montesorri for the first year or straight to french system, our 3 yr old has a speech delay so worried he may be overwhelmed with new language. I have read some blogs that French schools can be very strict and hard on children, one blog -written by a French man said he would light himself on fire before sending his daughter to public school! ouch. Is it true or am I just a bit paranoid?

jacqui

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:40 pm

Hello again, sounds like you have the accomadation sorted which is great news! I have a friend who lives in Chantilly and her family are from Ireland. You will both have to get together once you are over!! As for schools, yes the French schools are strict, especially as the children get older.If you do have concerns over your children adapting then definitely look around the Montessori school which has a lot of bilingual children. It is certanly walking distance to the town center and you will also meet some other english speaking families. How is your french? Hope all goes well with the Landlord!
ATB, Vanessa

Vanessa Powell
Www.lasourcetranquille.com

Ness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Link  QR  Share this Printer Friendly Page  facebook   myspace   twitthis  
Show more ...
Page 1 of 1