±Business Directory

[X]

±Movie Search

Search The Internet Movie Database

Enter the name of a movie, TV show, or person and then click "Go"

Search provided by the Internet Movie Database
For whats on in Chantilly click here

±Qs & Ps

Love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)

View All Quotes / Phrases

End of year report - 2008

Cricket Home Page Chat forum for members and supporters (and anyone interested) in Chantilly Cricket Club. Discuss upcoming matches, past fixtures, things to pass the time in the winter months! Please use these forums to let the captain know your availability for matches.
Cricket News
Downloads
Gallery
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

End of year report - 2008

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:33 am

As I sit here in my thermal vest, coughing onto the screen, it’s fairly clear that the end of season is here – and quicker than I had been planning. And although we moaned about it occasionally, the weather was kind: no game was called off, and I can’t remember a Friday evening being cancelled either.
So was it a successful year?
You might be disappointed to hear that we had 8 games, with 3 wins and 5 losses, and then be surprised to hear that it ranks as the most successful year ever for the club. But let’s not get hung up on statistics; the games were jolly good fun and if you’ll permit me some poetic licence…   Suite....

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: End of year report - 2008

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:12 pm

Laughing Absolutely excellent, Rob - can't help feeling Sue is being harsh on CM2, I think a passage straight into sixième is a cert. Did you avoid putting Denzil in because the obvious rhyme of Pencil was the only thing you could have come up with? I'm now beginning to realise that scoring runs is only one way of getting into match reports or others - getting injured is far more of note. And I'm somewhat disappointed that I have had little credit for putting a BA pilot out of work for 4 months with my bowling (it would sound as if I were super-speed as long as nobody knew that I actually bowled a long-hop on leg-side that inexplicably Powell decided to catch!!).
On a more serious note, as a new member this year, could I just say that I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The club has a terrific "welcoming" ethic, and I am delighted to see the effort being put in to welcome new members, to introduce our youth to English culture, and to teaching the basics. The winning is less important that ability to have fun. I am going to miss the afternoons standing next to Adrian Powell behind the wicket while Adrian does some very poor sledging - his ability to put off his own team is far higher than that of the opposition. Can't wait for April next year (as a wicky please Rob!!).

Thanks to all of you who put in so much effort during the year - personally I recognise the time and effort and much appreciate it.

Denzil

Denzil
Regular
Regular

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:55 pm

Denzil the pencil just doesn't sound right though to be fair.

I've enjoyed my enforced leave for the most part - although regretting it as the weather gets colder and I finally get to feel what you old bu**ers talk about with pains in your joints!

I'd second the thanks to all for a great season - Rob for his tireless captaincy, Nick S for the fixtures and Nick J and Denzil (plus others) for the 'tea-tent'! I just hope we can find a date for an AGM/get together to round off the year...

Adrian Powell
Webmaster
ChantillyExpat.com

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:45 am

Denzil,
I know you're looking for that wicky posting, but that "Denzil the pencil" tag has a ring to it, and we are looking for more scorers next year. Please think about it.
Glad you enjoyed the season. And credit where credit is due, that was a quite a ball that broke Adrian's thumb - leg-side nonsense!

oakley

Link  QR  Share this Printer Friendly Page  facebook   myspace   twitthis  
Show more ...
Page 1 of 1