±Business Directory

[X]

±Movie Search

Search The Internet Movie Database

Enter the name of a movie, TV show, or person and then click "Go"

Search provided by the Internet Movie Database
For whats on in Chantilly click here

±Qs & Ps

Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh.

-- W. H. Auden (1907 - 1973)

View All Quotes / Phrases

Renewing a passport

Chat about anything and everything! Nothing rude or libellous though please!
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Renewing a passport

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:28 am

Great news! For anyone who is about to renew their passport, I have just sent both my children's passport off for renwal and both new ones were returned within 7 days! Although it is expensive, the service is quick and there is no loss of dates on the passport as they renew it from the date the passport expires and not from when the application has gone in. I sent my daughter's passport in early (due to expire in March 2011) and the new one has been returned, expiring in March 2016. Another piece of useful information that I discovered (hence the reason for renewing the passport early) apparently no child can travel without their parents (on their own or on a school trip) on a passport within 6 months of it's expiry date. So beware!!!
Hope this helps.
Vanessa

Ness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Renewing a passport

Post Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:40 am

The link to the British Embassy is here. You can download the forms directly and return them to the address shown. Current cost is €161 for adults and €103 for children (as of October 2010) - which is a bit more expensive than doing it in the UK, but a lot less hassle!

We actually received one passport back before we got the 'avis de reception' slip back from the post office!

Adrian Powell
Webmaster
ChantillyExpat.com

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Link  QR  Share this Printer Friendly Page  facebook   myspace   twitthis  
Show more ...
Page 1 of 1