±Business Directory

[X]

±Movie Search

Search The Internet Movie Database

Enter the name of a movie, TV show, or person and then click "Go"

Search provided by the Internet Movie Database
For whats on in Chantilly click here

±Qs & Ps

If it jams - force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

-- Murphy

View All Quotes / Phrases

Anyone?

Where do you live? What's there? What are the neighbours like?
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Anyone?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:19 am

Hey

This is probably a long shot, but...
I'm a 'garcon au pair' for a family in the village of Baillon. (Just south of Lys-Chantilly- in the middle of the kind of triangle made by the roads between Chantilly, Luzarches and Viarmes) Was just wondering if there's anyone around here who is a similar age (I'm 21)

I'm thinking of quitting and just trying to find a job in Paris because I'm actually dying of boredom here- I arrived thinking that I'd be able to use one of the family's cars...but they changed their minds at some point inbetween me leaving England and arriving in France. I am so fed up of walking around the woods on my own!
If you're living anywhere around here then feel free to msg me, or you can find me on facebook: heythatismybike @ googlemail.com

Joe

joe-w

Re: Anyone?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:52 pm

Am very sorry to hear that Joe - I thought there was some obligation on the family to get you some transport...

I guess your options are to walk somewhere to catch a bus (Lamorlaye I guess - we're up in Le Lys and I think we have buses to Chantilly from here) or the other one is to buy a cheap car, use it whilst you're here then sell it when you leave. I think if you only paid a €1000 or so you wouldn't actually lose a lot when you came to sell it...

The other thing we could do would be to forward this message to other families we know who also have au-pairs. We see them at the weekends in Chantilly so there is life around (though obviously not quite the same as Paris!) You'd have to pick up a bit of swedish or german though Wink

It may take a while to get a response though as obviously a lot of families have gone away for les vacances...

Adrian Powell
Webmaster
ChantillyExpat.com

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:20 pm

thanks for replying!
lol, there's no way I could buy a car on aupair money! but it's ok I can cycle to Chantilly, Luzarches, etc. but just was wondering if there is anyone around there of the same age.
All the other aupairs I know live in Paris, and you def need a car to get there!

Thank you very much for you help though, it's really appreciated.

joe-w

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:56 pm

I've sent an email around to find out where all the au-pairs are but of course being 'les vacances' most people have disappeared... Will let you know if I hear from anyone.

PS You available for babysitting then?

Adrian Powell
Webmaster
ChantillyExpat.com

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:04 pm

oh, thank you so much for that! I really appreciate it,

and yes, I am available for babysitting! Though depending where- because of the transport issues! I am rarely needed in the evenings here, so am free most nights apart from Saturdays.

joe-w

Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:20 pm

Hi,
We live in Lamorlaye and we have a son of 23 who is for the moment on holiday in Corsica ,he should be back by the end of the week. He is still a student at University (Assas) in Paris but this year he will spend most of his time here as he is preparind the Cambridge certificate, so if you wish you can meet one of these days
Kindly
Patricia

charpentierfamily

Link  QR  Share this Printer Friendly Page  facebook   myspace   twitthis  
Show more ...
Page 1 of 1