±Business Directory

[X]

±Movie Search

Search The Internet Movie Database

Enter the name of a movie, TV show, or person and then click "Go"

Search provided by the Internet Movie Database
For whats on in Chantilly click here

±Qs & Ps

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

-- Albert Einstein

View All Quotes / Phrases

The Montessori school

Where do your kids go to school? How do you learn French?
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

The Montessori school

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:11 am

Our 4 year old goes to the English Language Montessori school and we are very pleased with his progress. Our daughter, who is now in the French system, went to "Miss Green's" as soon as we arrived and she made excellent progress in the 18 months that she was there. It made the transition into the French system less traumatic as it might have been, if we had put her straight in when we arrived.

Ness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Montessori school

Post Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:44 pm

Hi Ness,

My son will be going to the Montessori school starting in September. We are thrilled about the school, but we have issues finding someone to care for him after school since my current nounou will be moving away from the region this summer. Is there a parents' association I could maybe contact to see if I could share a babysitter or nounou with other parents? Any other suggestions?

Please let me know...
Thanks,
Marie

Marie

Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:38 pm

Hi Marie,
If you join the mailing lists on this website, I can email all our members to find out if anyone can sugegest or offer advice for you. This is a great way of communicating with all the expats who live in the area. Let me know if you want me to put an email out and exactly what you are looking for. I hope that this will help.
Rgds
Vanessa

Vanessa Powell
Www.lasourcetranquille.com

Ness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:23 pm

Hi Vanessa,
Yes I would gladly appreciate your help.

I am looking to find a babysitter or a nounou to pick up after school my 3 year old son, Axel, at the Montessori on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Ideally we would want someone to bring him home to our house in La Chaussée in Gouvieux and watch him till 18:30-19:00. In addition, we need some help during the vacation periods.

Since we are looking for only 8-9 hours a week it is difficult to find a nounou willing to take Axel just a few hours 3 days a week. Therefore, I was wondering if there are Montessori parents who would be interested in sharing their babysitter / nounou if she has the capability for taking on one more kid.

Any other suggestions (are there any association who take kids after school)?

Please let me know
Thanks a lot
Marie

Marie

Post Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:49 pm

Hi Marie,
I have sent an email out asking them to contact you directly. It might be an idea to talk tot the school as well and see if they have anyone on their books to help. I dont know of any after school activities. I know the French school have an after school system for working parents but this is obviously for their children. It might be worth talking to the Mairie in Gouvieux about their after school facilities.
Best of luck and let me know how you get on.
Vanessa

Vanessa Powell
Www.lasourcetranquille.com

Ness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:14 pm

Hello there,
Montessori is a scientific method for educating Daycare children innovative that is focused on the key developmental stages that all children move through on their way to adulthood. In each of these stages, children are in a sensitive period for learning different skills and activities that will help them reach their next developmental milestone. Doctor Maria Montessori believed that if children were provided with the opportunities to explore and practice these skills, they would make extraordinary progress. This is why the Montessori method of education has been designed around the unique development needs of the child. The Montessori curriculum, classroom structure, and learning materials have been tested, refined, evaluated, and proven across age groups, countries, and cultures to support and nurture the full developmental potential of the child.
Thanks

nivek00

Link  QR  Share this Printer Friendly Page  facebook   myspace   twitthis  
Show more ...
Page 1 of 1