Enter the name of a movie, TV show, or person and then click "Go"

Search provided by the Internet Movie Database
For whats on in Chantilly click here

±Qs & Ps

As for the Future, your task is not to foresee, but to enable it

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)

View All Quotes / Phrases

Schools in Chantilly

Where do your kids go to school? How do you learn French?
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Schools in Chantilly

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:11 pm

Hi all,

Need of some guidance/advise on schools, private or public. My family is moving in the summer to Chantilly from USA. I have 2 daughters and we are not sure if it's best to put them in private with slow emerging into French or straight in public? Any advice on the school systems?

Many thanks!

Deana

Lolodeana1604

Re: Schools in Chantilly

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:57 am

Hi Deana,

Welcome to the site! How old are your daughters?

Adrian Powell
Webmaster
ChantillyExpat.com

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:53 pm

My daughter are 12 and 10, she'll be 11 in Oct.

Lolodeana1604

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:08 am

Hi Deana,
There are 2 choices for you. There is a bilingual College ( ages 11-15) which is private and is probably a gentle way of getting your children into the system. Or, there is the College des Bourgognes which has anglophone students and they do English classes On top of the regular classes. The children help each other and it is the best of both worlds. These classes are also private but the college is state run. There will be a test for these classes but I am sure your children will have no problem coming from the USA.
However, it does depend on how long you are planning to live here for. If you are coming for a long term plan I would suggest you get your children into the French system as quickly as possible.
If you would like to contact me anytime do email me at vanessa @ chantillyexpat.com
I hope this helps
Kind regards
Vanessa

Vanessa Powell
Www.lasourcetranquille.com

Ness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:23 pm

Hi Deana,

Its refreshing to see that we are not alone in this quest; we relocated from South Africa recently and are also looking at schooling opportunities for our 15 year old daughter and 13 year old son.

Vanessa I have taken the liberty of emailing you as well, hope you don't mind Smile

Good luck with this subject Deana !

BR

Barry

Barry

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:39 pm

Hi Vanessa and Barry,

We have finally arrived in France. We live in Larmorlaye.. Our daughter's did their testing, and 1 child is going to school here in Lamorlaye, the other in Senlis at Alberic Magnard Senlis.
Are you or know of anyone familiar with the Senlis school?
Many thanks for any help in advance..

Deana

Lolodeana1604

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:23 am

Hi Deana,
Both my kids went to the school in Lamorlaye ( Groupe Nord) and both were very happy and it was a great start for them in the French Education system. I don't know anything about the school in Senlis but happy to email out to the community to see if someone has/had children there. Also do feel free to add your self to our mailing lists ( see left hand side of home page) and you can then receive community emails. We also have a face book page - Chantillyexpat.com and there is another one called Chantilly Mama. This way you can post questions and also be kept up to date with local news/events.
I hope this helps. Feel free to contact me at vanessa @ chantillyexpat.com
xx

Vanessa Powell
Www.lasourcetranquille.com

Ness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:43 am

Hi Deana,

Congratulations on your arrival, hope you are enjoying the new adventure so far !

Apologies for the late reply, I lost my password and the retrieval code went into my spam folder.

Anyway after much investigation both our kids were accepted into College Alberic Magnard and spent the final month of the last school year there; they enjoyed the school and both the staff and the students were very receptive and accommodating. For us the holidays arrived too soon but that was just one of those things.

My daughter has been transferred to the Lycée down the road for the new year but my son will still be at CAM; his induction is at 14h00 this afternoon which I think will be the same for you.

You are welcome to chat to my wife for any further information since she has been the most involved with the process due to her fluency in French - just email me and I'll put you in touch with her. (PS She will be at the school this afternoon as well if you want to chat)

Otherwise keep well and voorspoed with your new adventure.

BarryF

Barry

Link  QR  Share this Printer Friendly Page  facebook   myspace   twitthis  
Show more ...
Page 1 of 1