[X]

±Movie Search

Search The Internet Movie Database

Enter the name of a movie, TV show, or person and then click "Go"

Search provided by the Internet Movie Database
For whats on in Chantilly click here

±Qs & Ps

Je dois vider mon sac

-- I have to get something off my chest (I must empty my bag)

View All Quotes / Phrases

Indian curry spices delivered direct to your door?

Chat about anything and everything! Nothing rude or libellous though please!
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Indian curry spices delivered direct to your door?

Post Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:41 am

Having visited France with our caravan for a number of years and never able to find any Indian spices to make a curry we decided to start a little business making up Indian curry kits to post to all the lovely people that are missing out and craving a decent curry - hence the name! We would be grateful if you could let us know if curry is something you miss and the availability in your area.

It is our intention to move to France when finances permit

Karen. Craving Curries. Supplier of Indian Curry Spice kits. www.cravingcurries.co.uk

CravingCurries

Re: Indian curry spices delivered direct to your door?

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:02 pm

So I thought I'd give this a try... Karen very kindly sent me a Rogan Josh kit so that I could try out their kit. The little red envelope arrived a few days after ordering, containing 4 bags of spices and an instruction page.

I decided to do a lamb curry, and so bought a shoulder from the butcher and got him to de-bone and dice it for me. Then I got the other ingredients needed.

I followed the easy to follow instructions on the sheet, making a paste from one of sachets and adding the others as instructed. I have to admit that as I went along I couldn't see what the fuss was about; the powders concealing their secrets as they went in the mix. I decided to slow cook the meat so that it would be tender, and to give the spices time to work. As it cooked, one by one the family came into the kitchen to see what I was making, as they'd been drawn by the smells!

After 3 hours cooking or so I went back to the pan to see what I'd made - it was transformed! What looked like a pale, uninteresting stew was now a rich, aromatic curry. It hadn't seemed that spicy when first cooking but now I could smell what those little packets were all about! This was a Lamb Rogan Josh to write home about!

The flavours were dense and strong, it was delicious. The slow cooking had really given it a chance to develop a kick - the kids needed plenty of yoghurt in it to cool it down!

The kits themselves cost between about £4.50 and £6.50 delivered to France. There is an offer on at the moment in May to get one free when ordering 3 kits. So who are they aimed at? If you have all the curry spices already at home (and they are fresh, not like our 6 year old curry powder!), and you have some good curry recipes that you are good at cooking, then these kits are not for you. The spices you get are expensive for what they are. But, if you can't get all the spices where you are, or you are not an Indian food expert then they are really good. It's amazing what having fresh spices can do for your cooking!

Adrian Powell
Webmaster
ChantillyExpat.com

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:06 pm

Thanks for your review - and how positive it is. We do have a number of Expat customers around France now and it is word of mouth that appears to work best (including reviews such as this) so thank you again.

We take your point around the price, posted to France each kit costs £2 extra to cover the postage however this is something we are reviewing at the moment so if any one would like to order, please contact us direct and we can assess the postage and hopefully reduce the overall cost for you.

Please do take us up on our Buy 2 we send you a 3rd free offer and join in on our curry photo competition (they don't need to be made from Craving Curries kits) just post us your pic on either Twitter or Facebook to enter

Happy cooking!

Your curry looks fantastic by the way! Smile

Karen. Craving Curries. Supplier of Indian Curry Spice kits. www.cravingcurries.co.uk

CravingCurries

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 9:56 am

Adrian has entered our weekly photo competition - Good Luck! Smile

Winner chosen Sunday and announced at www.cravingcurries.blogspot.co.uk

Thanks
Karen

CravingCurries

Link  QR  Share this Printer Friendly Page  facebook   myspace   twitthis  
Show more ...
Page 1 of 1